Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is seeking a talented Chef de Cuisine to lead the team!
Located on the Intracoastal Waterway, less than 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is a stunning resort-style hotel close to the city's vast attractions including Las Olas Boulevard, which is alive with shops, restaurants and bars. Boasting 595 rooms, 2 food & beverage outlets, and 15,888 square feet of meeting space. The ideal candidate will be a hands on leader with a passion for developing exceptional culinary programs and a talent for training and developing others. For more information on the property, please visit:
What will I be doing?
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina (@hiltonfllmarina) • Instagram
As Chef de Cuisine, you would be responsible for leading the culinary production in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead daily culinary production, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, cost controls and overall profitability
- Perform general management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices
- Create and implement new menus and individual food items
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!