: EntryJob Location
: Trump International Beach Resorts - Sunny Isles Beach, FLPosition Type
: Part TimeEducation Level
: NoneSalary Range
: UndisclosedJob Shift
: AnyJob Category
: Hospitality - HotelDescriptionSUMMARY:
Courteously greets and escorts guests to tables and assist in seating, ensuring hotel's standards of service. Assist in preparing the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the room at all times. Take reservations and maintain reservation book. Assist in monitoring the guest's needs and all phases of the operation.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Scheduled daily activities and in-house groups.
- Daily house count.
- Hotel extension numbers.
- Hours of operation of each outlet, ambiance, menu selections and price range.
- Features and services provided by the hotel.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, specials, and items of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Be familiar with operation of P.O.S system.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/ seat/ station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct use of equipment; use equipment only as intended. i.e. Buffet equipment, etc...
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
- Complete opening duties as assigned:
- Prepare station chart and assign stations to the staff.
- Inspect the restaurant environment and entrance area, ensuring that all standards are met; rectify any deficiencies; maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Set-up host(ess) station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times. Report shortages to Supervisor.
- Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available. Update menus and wine lists as changes occur. Replace dirty or worn menus.
- Turn on music and make sure it keeps playing during your whole stay.
- AM Duties:
- Place newspapers in designated area.
- PM Duties:
- Place two wines with their respective holders in designated area.
- Place candles with their respective votives along the hall.
- Trim the top of candles to give them a better shape, if needed.
- Inspect tables and stations, ensuring that all set-ups meet the department standards. Check throughout meal period. Relay deficiencies to respective personnel and follow up on corrections.
- Guide the servers and Bus persons in table set-up needs to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Ensure tables are cleaned and reset according to standards.
- Answer restaurant telephone courteously and efficiently as specified in departmental standards.
- Take record and confirm restaurant reservations/ cancellations as specified in departmental standards.
- When taking reservations, ask for date, name, phone number or room number, and number or covers.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Greet and acknowledges all arriving guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; place napkins in guests' lap and present menus and extend congeniality in accordance to department guidelines.
- Anticipate guest needs and respond promptly.
- Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
- Communicate VIP arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
- Handle guest complaints by following the L.A.S.T. procedure (Listen, Apologize, Solve, and Thank) and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Keep track of wine consumption and fill out wine requisition.
- Monitor and ensure that all aspects of service conform to departmental standards. Notify respective personnel for problems to be corrected.
- Validate parking tickets and write down the ticket number along with the table number.
- Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant and call valet in order for them to have the guests' car ready.
- Complete closing duties as assigned:
- Put the menus for the next day part in designated area and change the menu display as well.
- Give each server a server report.
- AM Duties:
- Throw away the remaining newspapers.
- Change CD's to PM music.
- PM Duties:
- Secure the two wines with their respective holders in the office.
- Secure candles with their respective votives in the office.
- Change CD's to AM music. Turn off music player.
- Assist in set up of room and service of food and beverages to guests as assigned to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Assist in cashiering procedures where time demand exists.