Stay inspired by joining the stunning Conrad hotel located in the heart of urban DC as the Restaurant General Manager !
This stylish and sophisticated property has brought a new standard of luxury to DC with 360 rooms, 32,000 square feet of banquet space, and 5 food and beverage outlets including a restaurant by celebrity Chefs Bryan and Michael Voltaggio - James Beard award winners and 'Top Chef' finalists bringing the seafood of the Chesapeake to the heart of the District through a farm-to-table experience.
The modern seafood concept reflects inspiration from the Voltaggio Brother's upbringing in the area with fresh ingredients sourced from up and down the Chesapeake in a reimagined approach in which everything is familiar in flavor but surprising in presentation.
In this role, you will oversee the specialty restaurant, Estuary, and the lobby lounge managing a team of 25+ and reporting directly to the Director of Food and Beverage
The ideal candidate will be an innovative leader with a passion for creating memorable experiences and the ability to drive the business forward through excellent communication, training and team development, and financial acumen. A strong background in food and beverage management in an upscale environment to include celebrity chef restaurants and excellent beverage knowledge is required. Want to learn more?
Hotel Website , Facebook, Hotel Instagram , Estuary Instagram , Estuary Facebook What will I be doing?
As Restaurant General Manager, you would be responsible for directing and administering the activities and services of the restaurant and bar in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plan and direct all aspects of restaurant operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue, including, but not limited to, creating new menus and cross-selling products and services hotel-wide
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!