Stay inspired by joining the stunning Conrad hotel located in the heart of urban DC as a Senior Sous Chef !
This stylish and sophisticated property has brought a new standard of luxury to DC with 360 rooms, 32,000 square feet of banquet space, and 5 food and beverage outlets including a restaurant by celebrity Chefs Bryan and Michael Voltaggio - James Beard award winners and 'Top Chef' finalists bringing the seafood of the Chesapeake to the heart of the District through a farm-to-table experience.
The modern seafood concept reflects inspiration from the Voltaggio Brother's upbringing in the area with fresh ingredients sourced from up and down the Chesapeake in a reimagined approach in which everything is familiar in flavor but surprising in presentation.
In this role, you will oversee Estuary, the rooftop bar, lobby lounge, and in-room dining managing a team of 25-30 and reporting directly to the Executive Sous Chef of Outlets. You will work closely with the Voltaggio brothers in executing their vision and upholding the high standards of the two brands.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader driven to grow with the ability to drive the business forward through staff training and development, creativity, and strong organization. At least 3 years of culinary leadership experience in an upscale dining environment is required. Prior luxury hotel and celebrity chef restaurant experience are a plus. Want to learn more?
Hotel Website , Hotel Instagram , Estuary Instagram What will I be doing?
As Senior Sous Chef, you would be responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of the planning, preparation, production and control of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef by interacting with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in creating and implementing menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Work alongside staff to ensure proper execution and timeliness of food production, providing hands-on support, as needed.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!